Purpose of this blog

This blog is my attempt to change the way I look at events in the world around me. I have found that most of the news headlines I see everyday on my computer almost seem designed to inspire fear or anger or depression or doubt. When I study and ponder the Holy Scriptures, these negative feelings fade away, replaced by feelings of wonder, amazement, peace, joy, love, hope.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blessing of my Children

Today I had a little downer experience.  I guess in the language of the scriptures, I was sorrowful.  However, when I came home and watched my children playing and laughing, I realized that what I do, I do for them.  In all my striving to follow Christ, I am a father and I am a Child of God at the same time.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is really joyful!  I do sorrow for the choices of others that draw them away from the Lord.  I have always tried to be really objective about my faith, meaning that I've tried to see it for what it is without becoming too emotional about it because I want people to choose to experience what I have experienced not based on emotions.  I suppose this may have served me well in some cases, but the fruits of the spirit are essentially emotions (Galatians 5:22-25) and I may not be doing it right if I am not trusting my own emotions or the power of the Spirit of God to teach eternal truths even through emotions.  The difficulties I've experienced do cause me to yearn for nourishment from the the Lord through the scriptures.  When I do turn to the Lord in this way (i.e. first going out to do His work, then returning to study His word), I always feel strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter