Purpose of this blog

This blog is my attempt to change the way I look at events in the world around me. I have found that most of the news headlines I see everyday on my computer almost seem designed to inspire fear or anger or depression or doubt. When I study and ponder the Holy Scriptures, these negative feelings fade away, replaced by feelings of wonder, amazement, peace, joy, love, hope.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God's Dealings with His Children

I was just thinking about how my Father in Heaven deals with His children.  He does not force us to choose Him or choose good over evil.  He speaks and provides all the information we need to make an informed decision, but in the end we have to choose to put ourselves into His hands.  How difficult it would be for me to let my child be hurt as a result of their poor choices, and how precious must be the gift of choice or agency!  However, when I turn to my Father sincerely and diligently, He runs to me through the gift of the Great Mediator, the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the process I am healed and immediately delivered of the enemies which would bind me.  The healing and deliverance can only come when I choose Him of my own free will and bind myself to Him through covenanting to obey His commandments. 

Joshua told the Israelites ". . .achoose you bthis day whom ye will cserve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my dhouse, we will eserve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15).  Furthermore, the prophet Nephi wrote: "Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be hmiserable like unto himself.
  And now, my sons, I would that ye should look to the great aMediator, and hearken unto his great commandments; and be faithful unto his words, and choose eternal life, according to the will of his Holy Spirit;
  And not choose eternal death, according to the will of the flesh and the aevil which is therein, which giveth the spirit of the devil power to bcaptivate, to bring you down to chell, that he may reign over you in his own kingdom."(2 Ne. 2:27-29)
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I love this blog. This is a great way to express your insights.

    I love you!!!!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Stat Counter