Purpose of this blog

This blog is my attempt to change the way I look at events in the world around me. I have found that most of the news headlines I see everyday on my computer almost seem designed to inspire fear or anger or depression or doubt. When I study and ponder the Holy Scriptures, these negative feelings fade away, replaced by feelings of wonder, amazement, peace, joy, love, hope.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Barriers to Happiness pt2

The second barrier to happiness identified in the "6 Barriers to Happiness" article referenced in my earlier blog entry, is living at a breakneck pace.  I saw in this a good correlation to the counsel found in Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God . . .".  The breakneck pace many of us keep can decrease our level of happiness if we do not take time to allow our hearts and souls to be still and ponder quietly the God of heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stat Counter